Discover and explore Britain's extraordinary history through its most beautiful lost ruins. From crag-top castles to crumbling houses lost in ancient forest, and ivy-encrusted relics of industry to sacred places long since over-grown.
Wild Ruins B.C. reveals the extraordinary tale of Britain's human story before Christianity, from the first human footprints of 800,000 years ago, to ancient axe factories, rock art, stone circles, mountain burials, sunset hill forts, lost villages and temples to the dead.
* Stunning photography and design
* Detailed instructions on how to visit each site with GPX co-ordinates and maps
* Wide family appeal - cuts across generations and brings history alive - also appeals to walkers and history buffs
* Bucket lists, including best for kids, walkers, pubs, wildlife, views, adventurers, photographers and picnics
* An odyssey through our nation's rich and wild prehistory